Tuesday 19 February 2008

Celebrating Effort

OK How often do we make a point of celebrating or rewarding the efforts made by those around us, or whom work for us, or with us?

In planning out my calendar for the next few months it struck me that I had not planned in for any informal time with my management team, as before Christmas we met for lunch at least once a month.

I also have a team of volunteers whose time with us is coming to an end - and as yet no plans have been made to celebrate their time with us.

In planning forward it is easy to plan the meeting dates and the dreaded deadlines - but surely we must also plan in for those times of reward and recognition. To celebrate each other and our labours. If we don't are we not just then considering ourselves as machines?

No comments: