Monday 21 May 2007

Making and Marking Decisions

The days since the last post have been busy, first the Board meeting (our Office Bearers this month, following our two tier system, which we have all agreed to replace, but will take time given the new OSCR requirements to advertise changes in the constitution!), followed by our monthly Management Team meeting.

The Board meetings I always find challenging, not necessarily because of the questions, but I suppose the general principle about being held accountable for the organisation. It can sometimes feel like PM questions - and being ready to answer almost anything, but it keeps me on my toes, and I need to ensure I know whats going on in my own organisation.

The Management Team have struggled over the last few meetings to find an effective route to mark decision making, and it appeared this time that we have cracked it. The solution? A flipchart to record decisions! Sigh Sometimes we look for the complicated way. By having a focus point, something to stop us all recording separate and different notes - one note, all visible, and can all be agreed at the moment of decision- brill!

No comments: