Wednesday 27 June 2007

Two Tears

On Friday within two hours of each event I was faced with the extremes of community life - right here in CCH. One was the tears of an upset elderly lady, who was feeling vulnerable, threatened and bullied. The other the tears of laughter and joy from some young people delivering a presentation/drama.

With the first I felt my blood boil, and the need to ensure that this does not happen to this person again - something which is within my ability to influence. Even with the solution implemented my anger did not subside.

With the second my conviction on the positive impact CCH has on lives, and on turning round those who need help and focus, was once again reaffirmed.

This can be a stressful place to work. This can be a rewarding place to work. This place changes lives.

No comments: